Best way to clean Vinyl Siding.
Cleaning vinyl siding can be a big job always consider hiring a professional.
Steps To Take When Cleaning Vinyl Siding
In the United States of late Vinyl siding has quickly grown in popularity as the most popular siding material. It does not rot or flake, it looks wonderful, and it is durable.
The truth of the matter however is that it does get that dirty and dull look over a period of time. The great thing is that it is very big task to clean vinyl siding by yourself. Below are a few steps to take to have your vinyl siding looking wonderful.
1. It is most advisable to work around your home in portions of 3- 5 feet at a time.
2. In a large bucket mix 1/4 cup of laundry detergent with 4 gallons of water.
3. Gather your cleaning apparatus be it a mop, brush, or even that old towel that you have tied around the head of your broom and secured it using duct tape. They will need something that has a long handle.
4. Start off by using a hose to spray away all loose debris or dirt. In case you have a pressure washer, which can be used as a replacement for the hose, use it since it will most likely reduce or eliminate the need for scrubbing. Ensure that you don’t force water through the seams behind the vinyl panels. This will tend to cause mildew and mold to grow and these will wind up being additional and harder problems to deal with. Don’t get any closer than 3 feet away from the siding.
5. Starting with the bottom, you should dip the tool that you have chosen for cleaning into the soapy water and start scrubbing and debris or dirt from the vinyl siding. Proceed working from bottom to top of your section. this will keep it from streaking.
6. Rinse away the soapy water using the hose. Ensure that you remove all soap traces on the siding before it dries to avoid unsightly marks
7. Proceed on, while you repeat steps 4-7 for each section that you intend to cover.
If this seems to be like a big task call Proserve Group 859-379-5450.
Click Here For a FREE INSTANT QUOTE
For Professional Vinyl Siding Cleaning
Cleaning Vinyl Siding using low pressure.
Using a pressure washer is about flow not pressure. The best flow is 8 gallon a minute. you can go down to 4 gallons a minute but it will take you longer and you wont be able to reach as high.
You will need a high flow down steamer to apply the soap.
With this setup you will be able to reach 3 story houses from the ground.